Thursday, July 11, 2013

Delightful Jamaican Flavors: Cookbook

This cookbook contains 91 authentic Jamaican recipes. It is divided into five categories with some containing subcategories. These include appetizers & beverages, soups & salads, vegetables & side dishes, main dishes, and desserts. You will find just about every Jamaican traditional recipe that you can think of.
I must tell you that I might have gain several pounds during the period that I wrote this book. During this journey as I explore through baking, cooking or jerking my momentum increased, I was so energized and excited. I just had to make sure all the ingredients were right on point.


While in the kitchen I basked in the memory of my grandmother who unfortunately passed away in 2009 from cervical cancer. My grandmother was the matriarch, she was the best cook in the world and no one could tell her otherwise :-). In fact, she usually walks approximately two miles back and forth to church occasionally and on her way she would stop and talk with just about everyone and majority of the time it was about her cooking (at the time it was painful for me whenever I accompanied her - if you get what I mean). The complements got her beaming, she looked forward to talking about cooking for the Basic (elementary) school even if it was years ago since she had retired. She has inspired me and because of her insistence that young girls (a tomboy at the time) must be in the kitchen and learn to cook I was able to accomplish this goal. I dedicate this cookbook to her on what would have been her birthday today.


This cookbook is now available get your copy at www.delightfuljamaicanflavors.com/shop










www.delightfuljamaicanflavors.com

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Leonie, I bought your book and the recipes are quite easy to follow. I will introduce it to my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete